In light of yesterday’s sermon, “We are Bringers,” I thought I’d share a few thoughts I’ve been wrestling with lately.
#1 – Why should I care if people meet Jesus?
- EVERYONE spends ETERNITY somewhere!! (Hebrews 9:27)
- It is IMPOSSIBLE to be in a relationship with Jesus and not care about the people that He cares about! (Luke 15)
- Because there is NOT ANOTHER OPTION for people to be saved than to call on the name of Jesus. (Acts 4:12)
#2 – Is bringing people to church the best way for them to meet Jesus?
NO! And YES! I don’t know if it’s the best way, but I do know it is A WAY.
I know Jesus did some of His best miracles AFTER people brought their friends to meet HIM! This happens all throughout the Gospels!
I know that Jesus TOLD US to be bringers. We are either bringing the gospel to people, or bringing people to gospel. Another way to say this is that we are either bringing the church to people or bringing people to church. (Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:45-48, John 20:21, Acts 1:8, Romans 10:14-17.)
So, is it the “best”way? I dunno. But unless you are doing something else and seeing results, why not give this your best energy for now?
#3 – Inviting people to come to church with me feels kind of uncomfortable. Is it worth it?
I can assure you…
- inviting people to come to a place where they can meet Jesus DOES work.
- Oasis IS A PLACE where people meet Jesus.
- THIS SUNDAY we are creating an intentional, focused experience that WILL REACH PEOPLE who are far from God.
But to answer your question, is it worth it?
ABSO- FREAKING -LUTELY!!!
If you consider someone a friend, and you REALLY think the person’s soul matters to God, and you REALLY believe eternity is real, then get them to church this Sunday. You and I have no clue what God might do in their life.
YOUR Faith has the potential to change their life!! And together, OUR faith has the potential to change our entire TOWN!
I really do believe this,